Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ikea mirrors to moasic


Ikea mirrors to moasic
Originally uploaded by Expiring Mind

Presently, I am addicted to shopping for substrates. In the mosaic world, that means bases or materials to put the mosaic pieces (tesserae) on. I think it is like my phase of scrapbooking when I was saturated with something like 56 pages in a week or two. Then, when I shopped, I bought cool (and bargain-priced) items that would be useful. Then, my infinitely wise daughter said, "Mom, I think you have enough stuff, you just need to do the work." Ahhh, out of the mouths of babes. (At least she was then, not the evil, twisted version of The Excorcist we see these days.) I digress... Anyway, the point is I am in a funk, and I must lock myself in the house--sans urchins-- and get to work.

2 comments:

Smashgirl said...

Oh, those are the best to mosaic! Love them...so much space to add your pieces and you can't beat the price! Your blog is so cute and your name is "da bomb"!

The Expiring Mind said...

Thanks, smashgirl. Big fan of your work... I shall write a blog about the origins of my name...